Saturday, June 27, 2015

Lily-Dog Nightmare Take Two

I was so happy with my recent audio assignment that I couldn't resist trying Kathy Onarheim's video assignment for ds106. I used the audio file below as the audio track for a video that would tell the story visually.




I wanted to preserve the pacing and spookiness and disorientation of the audio file, so I approached the video as I had done with the audio, repeating a number of small clips. I recorded a collection of short videos of Lily on my Surface tablet. Then I used VirtualDub to edit the clips. I extracted the parts I wanted, stripped out the audio, and made other adjustments. I assembled the clips into Windows Movie Maker, resized them, moved them around a lot, and added fade effects everywhere. I uploaded the final video to YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment