Sunday, July 3, 2016

Lily the Labrador

Here she is, Lily the Labrador. Is she really from Labrador? Is "labrador" really a word? Find out!



So many new tools . . . The video was shot with a hand-held Samsung smartphone, only the second time I've ever done that. And the additional audio was recorded with an SM57 mic routed through a brand-new Shure adapter gizmo that turns it into a plug-and-play USB device. It's amazing! Further editing of that audio was done in Audacity. The music was played by yours truly.

I spent a bunch of time trying to get VirtualDub up and running on my new 64-bit computer. VirtualDub is a great video editor, but it can be tricky to work with. It does not shield you from the technical craziness of video filters and codecs! But I ended up not needing to use it. Instead all the editing was done with Filmora. And yes, I liked it enough to pay the $50. I'm used to using Windows Movie Maker 1.2 (the old version) which I really liked and which Filmora resembles. On my new computer I installed Movie Maker 2012, and came to really hate it. I gave up and went with Filmora. The video came out shorter than I thought it would be. I uploaded the video file to my YouTube channel.

I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment